UPDATE: The protest flotilla event at Yarra Bay is postponed until the government’s ban on public gatherings is lifted.
The health and safety of our supporters is very important to us. Today’s weather had forced a postponement – but with the announcement of further restrictions on public gatherings, the COVID-19 emergency has ruled out any date in the near future and we had to make the difficult decision to postpone the flotilla event indefinitely.
We will monitor the Government’s health advisories and provide advice about a new date for the event in coming weeks.
Thank you everyone for your email and comments of support.
Save the Bay Coalition thanks all those who worked so cooperatively to make a safe, fun and positive protest event possible. We are committed to holding the flotilla event at the right time and we promise it will be HUGE. Stay healthy everyone.