Save the Bay Coalition is participating in the Fix NSW rally and march in Sydney CBD on Sunday 3 March.
The event will send a strong message to the Berejikilian Government that its overdevelopment of New South Wales and its secret plans to destroy communities and public assets for its commercial and property developer clients are NOT OK.
Save Yarra Bay will be prominent at the event as Maria Poulos will be co-MC for the rally with Peter Boyle (WestConnex Action Group). Congratulations Maria, you will be great!
Please join us on Sunday 3 March 2019 in Hyde Park. We will be meeting in Hyde Park north, on the path from the Park and Elizabeth Street corner to the Archibald Fountain. We will be there from 11:30 for the event which runs 13:00-15:00. Please wear your Save Yarra Bay T shirt (if you don’t have one yet you can buy one at our information stand at the event) – and you can collect a sign to carry at our stand.
Lets join dozens of other groups fighting for their communities and their heritage to show the out of touch Berejiklian government what people power can do and what ignoring us will mean. One time, one place, one voice, FIX NSW! Save our Bay! Please share details of the event with your networks.
Speakers at the rally will include:
- Raymond “Bubbly” Weatherall and dancers – Acknowledgement of Country
- Penny Sharpe – State Labor deputy leader
- Senator Mehreen Faruqi – NSW Greens
- Councillor Jess Miller – City of Sydney
- Jean Hinchliffe – School Strike 4 Climate
- Julie Lyford – Save Gloucester
- Bruce Shillingsworth of the Murta Paki Nation, Brewarrina – Western NSW water crisis